• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: DJ Sho Nuff (Posted: 10/23/2007 1:15:00 PM)|
Comment: On this 12” single taken from the album Finding Forever, we find Common riding over a laid-back beat by producer of the moment, Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas. It’s a simple enough concept. Will.I.Am, who is dope regardless of the fact that he currently pumps out commercial hits, provides a mellow backdrop so that Common can lyrically express his affections towards the apple of his eye. Neither one is pushing their boundaries conceptually, but you don’t necessarily need to in order to make fresh music. The concept is simple and familiar. The lyrics are straightforward. The hook (Will.I.Am’s muffled voice repeating “I Want You”) is nothing more than basic. However, it all works. Common’s delivery is tight and he gets extra big ups for referencing Vince Vaughn. Will.I.Am takes a break from party anthems and gives us a chill beat that found me taking a trip down girlfriend memory lane. Consider it a 2007 hip hop update to Marvin Gaye’s classic.