• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 4|
Name: SixAteSix1824 (Posted: 5/16/2007 6:06:00 PM)
Summary: The Girl Is Whack
Comment: Hi-Tek keepin it classic. First verse is hot, but once you get to the singing it kind of ruins it. Kweli kills it though.
|Name: Ice Gorilla (Posted: 1/27/2007 4:10:00 PM)|
Comment: If I can say anything about Hi Tek its that when he’s on, he’s fire in a jar, but when he’s off he crafts dreck like "Can We Go Back". Being a talented producer, Hi Tek crafts an interesting beat that flows water-like from piano to horns and back. It’s beautiful, but his choice of throwing generic singer Ayak on the track, cuts the tracks impact down to nothing. Ayak’s voice is like every other female singer you’ve heard on every "soulful" hip-hop track in the last five years, and her addition to this song, drags it down on to the generic level. Talib Kweil appears, briefly, to drop the same Talib Kweil "I love girls" breathless verse he’s dropped a thousand times. Overall, what could’ve been a solid single, turns out to be a radio-ready snoozefest.
Name: Pele won (Posted: 1/7/2007 9:36:00 PM)
Summary: Nice Jazzy Beat
Comment: But it didn't really do it for me. Singin killed it.
Name: Sinosure (Posted: 1/3/2007 2:51:00 PM)
Summary: Takin' It Back!
Comment: Yes, yes Hi-Tek can take it back too! With the Kev Brown, Pete Rock feel, Tek does his thing providing a laid back early 90's track of when beats were more thought out in the creative making process. Maybe 07' might be a come back to this. I hope so! I'm like Nas, "Hip-hop is dead"! Someone get the defribrillator! THREE, TWO, ONE, CHARGE!!!!!!!!! We have a pulse! Let's bring hip-hop back to life!