• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Average Visitor Rating: |
|(4 Stars)||Total Comments: 2|
|Name: Ice Gorilla (Posted: 11/13/2006 4:56:00 PM)|
Comment: Itís somehow sad and reassuring that DJ Premier constantly makes the exact same sounding beat. Hot bass riff, high pitched sample, scratchy sample-heavy chorus, and a rapper that sounds like a combo of Nas and Jadakiss Ė every time, exactly the same. Itís sad, because Premier is a talented musician who in his later years has found financial solace in resting on his considerable laurels, never daring to step outside his established boundaries. Luckily, a Premier beat is at worst entirely listenable, the product of a master of production knowing the specifics of what he does best and exploiting that time after time. "Never Be" is Premier at his most generic, right down to the bland, milquetoast rapping of J Hood and the chopped up Jadakiss on the sample. But itís still a Premier beat, so even if it isnít the hottest thing youíve heard this year, itís light years away from being a bad cut.
Name: Quest (UGHH Staff) (Posted: 11/4/2006 9:23:00 PM)
Location: UGHH World HQ - Boston, MA
Summary: One Of The Dopest Premier Beats In 2006
Comment: J-Who? Let's get right down to it - Premier comes through with another banger that is worthy of replay status for quite some time. The beat is a nodder and Premier brings his signature scratch-chorus timing perfectly. This song would have been completely overlooked since it happens to be on the Source Fat Tape compilation, but luckily the UGHH audio encoders found this gem. Maybe we'll be lucky soon and it will come out on 12" single? Let's keep our fingers crossed because I need this instrumental!