• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: Paul (Posted: 10/19/2002 3:24:00 PM)|
Comment: From J. Rawls' LP The Essence Of... comes his collaboration with J-Live "Great Life Caper." J. Rawls' production here definitely showcases his talents to the fullest. The strings and guitar loop give the track lots of feeling and soul, and the vocal loop on the hook is perfect. As for J-Live, since when has this guy ever had a weak performance on the mic? J's story of a robbery might seem like a rip-off of Common's "Stolen Moments" at first, but it turns out to be a clever metaphor for MC's biting his rhymes. "Great Live Caper" is required listening. Play this immediately.