• The recommended review length is 75 to 300 words.
• Your review should focus on specific reasons you like this song.
• The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked this song, but also why.
What not to include:
• Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
• Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
• Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
• Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
|Name: Ice Gorilla (Posted: 3/22/2007 11:16:00 AM)|
Comment: Well, itís nice to hear J5 dropping their overproduced sound for a track, and make a stab at actually producing legitimate hip-hop. "Baby Please" harkens back to the groupís EP sound, coupling a rollicking organ, with an upbeat, bouncy bass-line. With the extraneous musical guest stars (i.e. Dave Matthews and Nelly Furtado) pushed to the wayside, the groupís lyrical performance actually sounds somewhat fresh. Each remaining member takes a stab at outlining their thoughts on girls and the push for babies in a speedy double-time that gives the track an energy I didnít know this group was still capable of. Charlie 2na is the highlight of the single, as his bass-heavy flow seems best able to bounce along with the beat. Overall itís a quality song from a group I had pretty much given up on.